Re: kernel coding style for if ... else which cross #ifdef

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 20:33:51 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:

We do not have any serious problems where we actually depend on randconfig.

randconfig is nice, but even if it would suddenly become no longer available we wouldn't have significantely more build breakages in stable kernels (perhaps a few more in the pathological cornercases
only randconfig hits).

If this was really "the whole point" it wasn't not worth it.

Real value would come from getting errors for mistyped kconfig variable names.

Indeed. However, getting at least compiler coverage across all branches of code is worth something, at least.

-hpa