Re: kernel coding style for if ... else which cross #ifdef

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 14:18:45 EST

Vegard Nossum wrote:

Why not use all-lowercase config_* names? It seems elegant, and fits
in with the notion that these are to be used not as macros, but as
ordinary constants.

(The only disadvantage I can see is that they will stand out less. But
I don't know how great the disadvantage is.)

I think that would be a massive disadvantage. Furthermore, they *can* (and arguably *should*) still be used for the preprocessor; something like:

#if CFG_BLUTTAN

... at least can be configured to warn on a typo.

-hpa