Re: [patch 06/14] hfsplus: remove hfsplus_permission()

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 11:32:04 EST

> > Yes. Roman, if you care about details about the files as directories
> > look in the reiser4 threads as it did something quite similar.
>
> I was afraid this would come up. :)
> I only need something much simpler, I don't need to create/move/unlink
> anything, I only need a lookup+open.

Doesn't matter. As long as filesystem has hard links and allows
lookup on these, userspace can screw up the kernel. Badly.

I did some work on this with auto-mounting/umounting directories on
regular files. Hope to dig it up sometimes, but there are lots of
nasty little details to worry about...

Miklos