Re: Suggestion About Kernel Releases

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 11:12:59 EST

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:50:00 +0300
Tarkan Erimer <tarkan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > sorry but you're wrong ;(
> > calling something -test won't change anything. It just means it'll
> > get tested less, not more.
> >

> It's just a suggestion. Of course, I may be wrong ;-)
> Why do you think that calling something test means that less testing ?

because fewer people will use it compared to a final release.

> > Also the "Slow DOWN please" had NOTHING to do with releases, but
> > only with what happens during the actual merge window.
> >
> Yes, I know. That's what I'm talking about :-)

no you're not. You're talking about the tail of a cycle, while the Slow
Down thing was ONLY about the first 2 weeks merge window.

Since this discussion has all the signs of a derailing thread.. I would
strongly suggest we end it here. Not trying to just cut you off, but
this has been discussed a lot, and your posts aren't adding something
new to that.