2.6.26-rc2 hosed X?

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 07:23:23 EST

Hi all,

I usually follow the -rc series with skipping the -rc1 (waiting for the
worst errors to be fixed).

Here now a severe regression with respect to 2.6.25: X seems to be hosed
in the sense that:
- switching to console
- suspend 2 ram
- suspend 2 disk
often leaves the computer completely unusable.

I am using:
- Debian/sid up2date, i.e. xorg server 7.3
- intel Chipset 945GM (Acer laptop)
- intel xorg video driver 2.2.1 and 2.3.1 (both tested)

Since not even Sysrq is working I cannot get a log file or whatsoever.

Is that something known, are is there some patch to revert/test?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx> Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx> Debian TeX Group