Re: Hack to fix not working spindown over Firewire

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Sat May 10 2008 - 18:53:29 EST

I wrote:
> 1) FireWire to IDE or to SATA chipset
> 2) start bit is honored:
> "sg_start --stop" stops the motor and "sg_start" restarts it
> 3) power condition field is honored:
> "sg_start --pc=3" stops the motor and "sg_start --pc=1 restarts it
> 4) peripheral device type claimed by the firmware
> 5) vendor and model of the enclosure
>

> 1) 2) 3) 4) 5)
> bridge start pc PDT enclosure
> TSB42AA9 no yes SBC DViCO MomoBay CX-1
> TSB42AA9A yes yes RBC DViCO MomoBay FX-3A

Correction: While the FX-3A stops the motor if START STOP UNIT with an
equivalent to "sg_start --stop", it does not work correctly anymore
after it. Certain commands after that will hang the firmware up;
notably those sent when sd_mod is probing the disk. I.e. FX-3A fails
not exactly as CX-1, but similarly.
--
Stefan Richter