Re: 2.6.26-rc1 regression: ISA DMA broken (bisected)

From: Rene Herman
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 19:00:08 EST

On 09-05-08 14:28, Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09-05-08 08:06, Takashi Iwai wrote:

Thanks for catching it. Yeah, the patch looks buggy. We had an
implicit assumption that dev = NULL for ISA devices that require 24bit
DMA.

How about the patch below? It's against the latest Linus git tree.
Yes, works well. Thank you.

great, thanks Rene for catching this! Added this line to the patch as well:

Tested-by: Rene Herman <rene.herman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Oh... it was rather significantly in the AM when I posted so I forgot to
mention in the haste to get this out of the way but it was Pete Clements
who reported the regression:

http://www.nabble.com/Lost-Sound-from-2.6.24-to-2.6.25----CS4236-ISA-tc17062547.html

He also tested it, so as long as we're name-mention-flattering around...

And this a good excuse to ask how you edit changelog after the fact. Just
reset/reapply and stuff or is there a "better" way? I fairly frequently
find myself wanting to do just that but it's a bit of a mess when there's
already commits on top.

Rene.