Re: ACPI: kmemcheck: Caught 16-bit read from freed memory (f7c12ec6)

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 03:29:47 EST

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Lin Ming <ming.m.lin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > It's strange.
> > > In my machine, without this patch the warning shows up
> > > With this patch applied the waring goes away
> >
> > Ah. That is strange indeed.
> >
> > > Would you please upload the acpidump file?
> >
> > Which file is this or how can I produce it? Please tell me the exact
> > parameters to pass to the command line.
>
> Please download acpidump util from
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/pmtools-20071116.tar.bz2
>
> Run "acpidump > acpidump.out" as root
>
> Then upload acpidump.out to somewhere I can access
>
> Lin Ming

You can find it here:
http://userweb.kernel.org/~vegard/bugs/20080508-acpi/

(When running acpidump I got some message, now gone from the screen
unfortunately, but it said something like 0B checksum failed? Hm,
well, it seemed to produce the file anyway.)

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it