Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 16:15:55 EST

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:36:57 +0200
"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> IMO, the merge window is way too short for actually testing anything.

<jumps up and down>

There should be nothing in 2.6.x-rc1 which wasn't in 2.6.x-mm1!

_anything_ which appears in 2.6.x-rc1 and which wasn't in 2.6.x-mm1 was
snuck in too late (OK, apart from trivia and bugfixes).

If we decide that we need to fix the oh-shit-lets-slam-this-in-and-hope
problem then I expect we can do so, via fairly relible means.

But the first attempt at solving it should be to ask people to not do that.