Re: sparc64 bootup regression...

From: David Miller
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 03:25:58 EST

From: KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:15:40 +0900

> How about this ? If this is messy (or doesn't work), Goto-san will rework
> his own patch by himself. (this patch is against -mm but I think no HUNK to
> git tree)

This makes the original change pointless.

If the goal is to put the usemap in the same section as the memory
itself, in order to allow for it to be freed during memory hotplug,
this new change just makes the facility not work some of the time.

Now maybe sometimes it will work, maybe sometimes it will not.

It's not the end of the world if this change is reverted for a few
days while we work out what to do about this.

Really, it does not reflect badly upon you or Goto-san, if the change
is reverted temporarily.