Re: [patch] x86, voyager: fix ioremap_nocache()

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 13:03:05 EST

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:18:09AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
... but the PAT patchset was all around lkml. The ioremap change was trivial, went into v2.6.25 and was discussed on lkml:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/25/287

lkml is a hell-hole with a signal/noise ratio worse than slashdot. Any
chance you could create a linux-x86 list for x86 specific changes so
that a focussed review and discussion can happen?

We have been talking about it between us. Originally, Ingo was opposed to it exactly *because* he wanted to keep the development as open as possible. After the merge window craziness is over, we may want to revisit this.

I'm not saying we're doing everything right at the moment; heck, we're still figuring out how to work this on three people. However, I want to set the record straight - Ingo *especially* has been concerned to keep development open from the very beginning.

-hpa