Re: [2.6.25] compat VDSO option not disabling

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 13:00:56 EST

Gerhard Mack wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Gerhard Mack wrote:
I havn't enabled compat VDSO at the kernel command line or otherwise.
Something broke with this option.
Yes, you might be on to something. I think I've been seeing that message when
I wouldn't expect to. I'll double-check. Could you send your complete dmesg
output?

Of course

Compat vDSO mapped to ffffe000.

I think this is just a false alarm. sysenter_setup always prints this, but if compat mode isn't enabled this is just the address the compat vdso would be at if it were mapped. You can confirm this by doing "cat /proc/self/maps" and making sure that there's nothing mapped at ffffe000. And then cross confirm with "sysctl -w vm.vdso_enabled=2; cat /proc/self/maps" to make sure it appears.