Re: [patch] x86, voyager: fix ioremap_nocache()

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 19:04:46 EST

David Miller wrote:
I think this is a reasonable course of action.

That leaves one of Jeff's concerns, what to do with pci_iomap(). That
was designed to give mappings with caching enabled, and as a result we
probably should make it behave that way.

Yes, it should. Just be clear that *that* is a semantic change over what the code currently does; it would appear that that is what the code is *trying* to do.

I believe on x86 it will still get clamped by the MTRRs, at least initially (I don't think we have flipped the default MTRR type to WB yet) but that would immediately change the behaviour on non-x86 architectures.

-hpa