Re: strange behavior on multimedia eject button for cdrom

From: Mike Keehan
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 06:23:27 EST

Harald Dunkel wrote:
Hi Mike,

Mike Keehan wrote:

Hi again.

Ok, I just tried doing the same thing on my M1330. It behaves
differently to yours in that a small section of music repeats again
and again until the disk is ejected, and then carries on (I was using
RealPlayer with a local file as a simple test).

And it does look like other things stop working while the disk is
ejected - screen updates freeze and network too I think.

Thats exactly what I see, too.

Regards

Harri

Hi Harri.

I've just tried ejecting a CD when the Grub boot menu was counting down, and even that froze until the CD was ejected and the drive motor noises had stopped. Grub continued the countdown, and then Linux booted OK.

So I think it is a hardware issue with this laptop.

Mike.