Re: [2.6 patch] acpi/battery.c: make 2 functions static

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 09:23:34 EST

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I don't remember having ever said this.
> > >
> > > Your choices are:
> > > [ ] prove your accusation that I said I
> > > "knew about this bug before the feature hit mainline"
> > > [ ] apologize
> > > [ ] be the firest person ever in my killfile
> >
> > Adrian, you must be misunderstanding something. Where exactly in the
> > above sentences do i assert that you "knew about this bug before the
> > feature hit mainline"? I dont say that and cannot say that -
>
> Please explain your statement "before the feature hit mainline in
> v2.6.16" in the above sentence of you in a reasonable way other than
> that it should say I knew about it before the feature hit mainline.

do you mean this paragraph:

| 1) as you said you knew about this bug - which bug causes more
| inlining overhead than hundreds of your uninlining patches combined.
| The bug was introduced ~2 years ago in -mm - before the feature hit
| mainline in v2.6.16.

sorry, but i know of no rule of grammar that could read your
interpretation into my two sentences.

(and that's not surprising at all, because i never intended to even
suggest that you knew about this breakage "before it went mainline" -
why would i even care about such a detail?)

Ingo