Re: broken suspend to ram with velocity driver

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 08:08:48 EST

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:28:39PM -0400, Kevin Winchester wrote:
> I haven't done too much looking at what the tool on that site does,
> but I was under the impression that I should be able to do:
>
> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>
> and then bring the system back up and have it work.

Not if you want video to come back on most hardware - the kernel has no
idea how to reinitialise your graphics card. s2ram and similar tools
attempt to deal with this by reprogramming it from userspace. On the
other hand, if it did work on the same hardware with earlier kernels,
then that's a bug.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx