Re: [Suspend-devel] 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers off aftersuspend-to-disk. Screen becomes green.

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 05:43:41 EST

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 08:42:15AM +0800, Jeff Chua wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Jesse Barnes <jesse.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Your system (either your distro suspend/resume scripts or your platform) must
> > be running the video BIOS at resume time, otherwise it would probably come
> > back blank.
>
> But I don't think so, unless acpid is doing just that. In my
> suspend/resume event script, it's just doing a simple s2ram (without
> options), and exit after resume.

The s2ram command has a built-in whitelist used to set up video
rePOSTing. If you want to test, reboot and do

echo mem >/sys/power/state

without i915 being loaded. If you get a console back on resume then the
platform is reinitialising video for you, but otherwise it's your
userspace.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx