Re: 2.6.25-rc1 xen pvops regression

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 17:30:54 EST

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 13:42 -0800, Joel Becker wrote:
> What changed to make this not work in the first place? New dmi
> code?

I don't think so -- this code is present even in the 2.6.18-xen.hg tree
(where it's gated with is_initial_domain() which isn't suitable for the
upstream tree).

I don't really know why it should start happening now. It may be that
some of the recentish changes to e.g. early_ioremap or early pagetable
setup etc. have tweaked the layout of the early pagetables around so
this problem bites us more readily. Or it may just be a combination of
kernel image size, RAM size and perhaps a dose of bad luck.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

... at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
-- J. B. White