Re: git tree with VFS stuff

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 09:14:24 EST

Hi Miklos,

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:32:28 +0100 Miklos Szeredi <miklos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've created a git tree with the following mounts related stuff:
>
> - read-only bind mounts
> - /proc/<pid>/mountinfo
> - unprivileged mounts
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mszeredi/vfsstuff.git master
>
> I guess, giving these a spin in linux-next wouldn't hurt?

I don't think this is what we want to use linux-next for. Linux-next is
really a place for stuff that will pretty clearly go into the next kernel
release i.e. 2.6.26 right now. If you want to experiment on things for
beyond that timeframe, then a snapshot of linux-next may be a good base.
I will take them when they reach the appropriate subsystem tree and are
ready for integration.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx