Re: [Rt2400-devel] 2.6.25-rc2 regression in rt61pci wireless driver

From: Chris Vine
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 19:22:19 EST

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 20:46 +0100, Ivo van Doorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [added rt2400-devel (rt2x00 development mailinglist) to the CC list.]

> > > Thanks. I think I found something, please test below patch:
> > >

> > I've tried the patch but, unfortunately, my wireless LAN still dies after a few pings.

rt2x00 2.0.14 is broken with my rt73 stick in the vanilla 2.6.25-rc2
kernel (not wireless-2.6/rt2x00 git). The modules load when I plug the
stick in but I then get a complete kernel lock up with two flashing
leds. Nothing is recorded to system logs. The last logged messages are
that usbcore has registered new interface driver rt73usb, and that the
rate control algorithm has been selected on phy0. This happens whether
the simple or pid mac80211 rate control algorithms have been chosen.

This is a shame because 2.0.14 was working really well for me until the
mac80211 changes 2 or 3 weeks ago broke it. (Shortly followed by the
release of 2.1.*).

Chris