Re: 2.6.25-rc2 regression in rt61pci wireless driver

From: Ivo van Doorn
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 16:03:25 EST

Hi,

> > > I've tried the patch but, unfortunately, my wireless LAN still dies after a few pings.
> >
> > Could you use below patch instead, and make a new dump of the register?
> > I'm still convinced the breakage occurs in the antenna diversity (or rather, I believe
> > it attempts a software diversity for your card while in fact it shouldn't).
> >

> Sorry, I've applied that patch and the LAN still dies after a few pings. BTW,

> this and the earlier patch both apply without error, but give warnings of 70
> line offsets. Were you expecting them to apply completely cleanly? I'm just
> wondering if there might be some code that you are expecting to be running (or
> not running) that is (or is not) present in the driver at 2.6.25-rc2.

Well to be honest I based the patch on rt2x00.git and not 2.6.25-rc2.
I know the patch would apply safely because the function that were changed
in that patch haven't changed between them. But some other functions were
moved. So that offset is correct. ;)

> The register dumps before and after are attached.

Thanks. I hope to have a new patch ready soon.

Ivo