Re: [2.6 patch] fs/jbd/journal.c: cleanups

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 08:56:01 EST

* Theodore Tso <tytso@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So please deal with it like most other subsystem maintainers do and
> > stop complaining about "code churn" - nobody but you changes the
> > ext3 codebase, it's one of the codebases least affected by general
> > kernel flux, it's an ultimate "leaf" subsystem.
>
> Right, sorry. I misread the filename; I thought this was against
> fs/jbd2, instead of fs/jbd.

Btw., if people have problems with rejects from trivial patches, the
'mpatch' tool does wonders in resolving the easy ones:

http://oss.oracle.com/~mason/mpatch/

when you get a .rej file, first check whether mpatch can resolve it
conflict-free:

mpatch -d kernel/somefile.c.rej

if there are no conflicts then:

mpatch -a kernel/somefile.c.rej

quilt refresh, review the result and it's done in the majority of cases.

Ingo