Re: dma engine drivers for 2.6.25?

From: Dan Williams
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 00:29:24 EST

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Kumar Gala <galak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2008, at 12:14 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Kumar Gala
> > <galak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Dan,
> >>
> >> What's going on with the dma engine drivers for 2.6.25? We had a
> >> Freescale dma driver from Zhang Wei queued up but seems to have been
> >> lost.
> >
> > I pulled it into my tree and am holding it until Zhang has an
> > opportunity to address the pending review comments [1]. I also did
> > not feel comfortable pushing it to Linus without a PPC maintainer's
> > Acked-by/Reviewed-by.
> >
> > I have attached the version I am carrying.
>
> What issues are still open. I was under the belief that Zhang had
> resolved all the issues.

The high priority review item is that the driver performs operation
completion callbacks in hardirq context. Clients of the API assume
that callbacks will happen in softirq context. Of lesser concern is
the use of GFP_ATOMIC in fsl_dma_alloc_descriptor. Other drivers
preallocate a small pool of descriptors.

Regards,
Dan