Re: [0/6] kgdb light

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 16:30:17 EST

> btw., we should convert all those current:
>
> config ARCH_POPULATES_NODE_MAP
> def_bool y
>
> config AUDIT_ARCH
> bool
> default X86_64
>
> config ARCH_SUPPORTS_AOUT
> def_bool y
>
> instances to select lines after config X86 / config X86_64.
>
> KGDB just followed the current Kconfig style status quo.

Indeed. I just do not have time to do so. A day-time job that
is not about kernel-hacking, three kids and a wife etc. consumes
some decent amount of time and leaves only a few hours for linux.
And I am a strange person that actually needs to sleep several
hours each night (as my baby daughter permits me to).

I promote the "select HAVE_*" style on all new stuff and expect that
a herd of janitors one day pick it up and convert most of the old-style
stuff.
And if you look around then you will see that for this merge window
almost all new stuff used "select HAVE_" so we on the right track.

Sam