Re: Fwd: Fwd: laptop / computer hardlocks during execution of 32bitapplications(binaries) on 64bit system (Gentoo)

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 17:31:34 EST

Matthew wrote:
That's fine, but that was collected with the vmlinux image you sent me,
right?

no, but now it is:
http://kerneloftruth.neucode.org/other/crash_ia32_64/not_tainted/latest/
(the other one was taken before I added/selected the demanded features)

what puzzles me is that it doesn't say "tainted" (not tainted) in the
upper part & "tainted" in the lower part
I apologize for the bad quality of the pictures ...

luckily there was also an additional call trace this time (syslog-ng
Tainted: G D) (don't know what it means), nvidia-module wasn't
loaded and no other additional proprietary modules were loaded AFAIK

I just managed to reproduce the bug in simulation. I believe we should be able to resolve this.

-hpa