shutdown -h now, 2.6.23-rc8 & 9

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 06:50:32 EST

Greetings everybody;

After seeing a message indicating that rc8 no longer did a powerdown, I
thought I'd check that since I needed to, my tv card wasn't even showing up
in the lspci report. It was partially backed out of the pci slot, this case
seems to encourage that.

Indeed it went to the system halted message and just sat there. I hadn't yet
booted to rc9 as amanda was running, so I did just a few minutes ago.

After the reboot to rc9, I ran a make xconfig again to check that the option
was enabled, but it seems to have disappeared from the menus in xconfig.

Why was this removed? Or if moved, where to?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)