* David J. Wilder (dwilder@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:These patches provide a kernel tracing interface called "trace".
(update) Moved the sample code to the new samples\ subdir
The motivation for "trace" is to:
- Provide a simple set of tracing primitives that will utilize the high-
performance and low-overhead of relayfs for passing traces data from
kernel to user space.
- Provide a common user interface for managing kernel traces.
- Allow for binary as well as ascii trace data.
- Incorporate features from the systemtap runtime that are
useful to others.
Patches are against 2.6.23-rc6-mm1
Summary of patches:
[patch 1/3] Trace code and documentation
[patch 2/3] Relay Reset Consumed
[patch 3/3] Trace sample
Note: Patches 1/3 and 2/3 must be applied together.
Note: The following patches must be applied with 3/3.
[patch 3/5] Add samples subdir
I guess you mean:
[patch 3/5] Add samples subdir (updated)
(please try it with this new version, it should work as is..)
[patch 4/5] Linux Kernel Markers - Samples
Signed-off-by: David Wilder <dwilder@xxxxxxxxxx>