State of the Linux PCI Subsystem for 2.6.23-rc8

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 17:06:03 EST

Here's a summary of the current state of the Linux PCI subsystem, as of
2.6.23-rc8.

If the information in here is incorrect, or anyone knows of any
outstanding issues not listed here, please let me know.

List of outstanding regressions from 2.6.22:
- none known.

List of outstanding regressions from older kernel versions:
- none known.

If interested, the list of all currently open PCI bugs can be seen at:
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=5829&hide_resolved=1

Future patches that are currently in my quilt tree (as found at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/
) for the PCI subsystem are as follows. All of these will be submitted
for inclusion into 2.6.24, except as noted. The diffstat of these
patches is included at the bottom of this message for those that are
interested.

- various pci quirks for different devices
- pci hotplug driver kthread conversion
- pci hotplug bugfixes
- pci express hotplug tweaks and fixes
- minor bugfixes and cleanups
- MSI documentation update

- pci bridge device rework. Note, this was reported to break
Andrew's x86-64 box, but he lost the picture he took of the
oops. Others reported that it worked just fine on their
boxes. I'm still a little hesitant of sending this to 2.6.24
until I can track down what happened here.

There are no PCI api changes scheduled for 2.6.24.

thanks,

greg k-h

----------------------------

Diffstat of the current pci-2.6 quilt queue:

Documentation/DMA-API.txt | 3
Documentation/MSI-HOWTO.txt | 69 ------------
arch/i386/kernel/pci-dma.c | 3
arch/i386/kernel/reboot_fixups.c | 6 +
arch/i386/pci/common.c | 10 +
arch/i386/pci/fixup.c | 47 ++++++++
arch/i386/pci/irq.c | 39 +++++++
arch/x86_64/kernel/pci-dma.c | 1
drivers/pci/bus.c | 17 ++-
drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_core.c | 2
drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_ctrl.c | 74 ++++---------
drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_hpc.c | 57 ++--------
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c | 24 +---
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_ctrl.c | 20 +--
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_hpc.c | 209 ++++++++++----------------------------
drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_pci.c | 24 ++--
drivers/pci/pci-driver.c | 3
drivers/pci/pci.c | 5
drivers/pci/pci.h | 2
drivers/pci/pcie/Kconfig | 9 -