Re: [Announce] Linux-tiny project revival

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 14:13:00 EST

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 08:29:49AM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> So __FILE__ expand differently depending on the path on
> the gcc command line.
> I once posted a patch to fix up on this, especialy for BUG_ON and friends.
> The solution was to let kbuild generate the filename and to use
> this define in the source code.
> But a quick grep for __FILE__ in the kernel source made me chicken out.
> Simply too much chrunch at that time to justify it.

Although it's not a big problem, we have the same issue with gcc
warnings and errors displaying the full path with O= builds making the
error messages quite long.

The root is that for O= builds we are feeding gcc the full path
We might perhaps attack it at this point?

The simplest solution that comes into my mind would be to create links
for the source file in the output dir before calling gcc and then give
gcc the link as input file.

> Sam

cu
Adrian