Re: Mask Issue?

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 11:39:33 EST

On (19/09/07 17:57), Chris Holvenstot didst pronounce:
> Still being a little new at this I am not sure if this is an issue at
> all or not but I noted that while building the 2.6.23-rc6-git8 kernel
> this afternoon I received the following error message:
>
> Building modules, stage 2.
> MODPOST 1670 modules
> WARNING: Can't handle masks in drivers/mtd/nand/cafe_nand:FFFF0
>
> I have been building each of the kernels in the 2.6.23-rc series and had
> not noted this message before. I apologize if this is a non-issue.

I noticed this in a -mm recently and never got around to kicking it
properly because I suspected it was a compiler issue. What version
of gcc and binutils are you using?

David Woodhouse added to cc in case this is a known problem.

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student Linux Technology Center