Early printk behaviour

From: Robin Getz
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 22:30:25 EST

I was putting together an early printk implementation for the Blackfin, and
was wondering what the expected behaviour was in this situation.

When I set up my bootargs earlyprintk=serial,ttyBF0,57600 and have no console
defined (no graphical console, no serial console).

based on the patch:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=69331af79cf29e26d1231152a172a1a10c2df511

which no longer calls disable_early_printk, the earlyprintk console never gets
turned off (because nothing else ever calls register_console). I get
everything out the early console, until the init section is released (where
the console structure is sitting), and it starts printing out garbage.

Is this expected behaviour?

-Robin