do_coredump and O_NOFOLLOW

From: gshan
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 01:37:24 EST

Hi All,

I found that O_NOFOLLOW is used for opened core file in Linux 2.6.10. This means the core file couldn't be a symbolic link. However, I want to use symbolic link for core file, So I plan to remove O_NOFOLLOW as follows, but I'm not sure there are any impacts introduced by the change?

file = filp_open(corename, O_CREAT | 2 | O_NOFOLLOW | O_LARGEFILE, 0600);

file = filp_open(corename, O_CREAT | 2 /*| O_NOFOLLOW*/ | O_LARGEFILE, 0600);

Thanks,
Gavin