Re: Serial buffer memory leak

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 10:53:16 EST

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:28 +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> The patch fixes the problem (at least under the test conditions that lead me
> to discover it in the first place). Thanks Alan.

It works here also, but I see a problem.

By deferring the flush, ioctl(TCFLSH) returns immediately
even though there is possibly still receive data being fed
to the ldisc.

If this is followed immediately by a read() then the
application gets unexpected (stale) data defeating the
purpose of the TCFLSH.

tty_buffer_flush() needs to wait for buf.flushpending to clear.

--
Paul Fulghum
Microgate Systems, Ltd