Re: Serial buffer memory leak

From: Laurent Pinchart
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 10:28:51 EST

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:11, Paul Fulghum wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 14:45 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > I'm not familiar enough with the tty code to decide what the proper fix
> > > should be. I'll try to write a patch if someone could point me in the
> > > right direction.
> >
> > Something like this perhaps ?
>
> That looks good, a little better than the solution
> I was first considering. I'm compiling now.

The patch fixes the problem (at least under the test conditions that lead me
to discover it in the first place). Thanks Alan.

> This was a nasty bug for me to introduce :-(
> Good work in finding this Laurent.

Thanks. It was a lot of work troubleshooting the problem. The bug report I got
was along the lines of "after the 256th incoming modem call, the application
doesn't receive data payloads anymore, but AT commands are still answered". I
guess the challenge is what made it fun.

--
Laurent Pinchart
CSE Semaphore Belgium

ChaussÃe de Bruxelles, 732A