From: Carlo Wood
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 19:18:28 EST

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:09:46PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I'm the original author, and I selected the GPLv2 for Linux.
[...]
> I'm not going to bother discussing this any more. You don't seem to
> respect my right to choose the license for my own code.

This is the main reason I dislike GPLwhatever: there is no notion
of "orginal author". You might have written 99% of the code, that
doesn't matter. You have no rights whatsoever once you release
something under the GPL (no more than ANYOne else).

The GPL is nice for the community, and for the users - but very,
very bad towards it's authors (taking all and every right you might
have). If John Doe wants to re-release the whole kernel under
GPLv3, then all he needs is a website and some bandwidth.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@xxxxxxxxxx>