Re: strange high system cpu usage.

From: Lee Revell
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 22:15:32 EST

On 3/29/07, Elliott Johnson <ejohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I've been upgrading a few machines here at work and noticed some problems with high system cpu usage on one machine. In trying to debug the problem I've come across a few confusing stats that I was hoping could be cleared up by someone on this list.

What problem are you trying to solve? IOW, how do you know it's not
just an artifact of diferent load average calculation between 2.4 and
2.6?

Are you actually seeing reduced throughput/performance? Or are you
just looking at load average?

Lee