Re: Suspend to RAM doesn't work anymore in 2.6.21

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 17:53:32 EST

Hi,

On Monday, 19 March 2007 13:50, Tobias Doerffel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Suspend to RAM used to work fine on my computer (Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM,
> Intel 82801G (ICH7-chipset) mainboard, NVIDIA-gfx-card, tg3-ethernet) up to
> 2.6.20.3. But no matter which rc of 2.6.21 I use, suspend to RAM doesn't work
> anymore. Up to rc3 even suspending stopped at "suspending console" which
> appearently seems to be fixed in rc4. I tried rc4-git4 with minimal config
> (no dyndicks, no HRT, no MSI, no sound, no bluetooth, no PCMCIA, no WLAN, no
> USB, no cpufreq) but still I can't resume properly. Caps works and I can
> login through SSH. Back to a more complete config (sound, MMC, WLAN, PCMCIA -
> still no dynticks or HRT - see attachment "config") I get exactly the same
> behaviour.
>
> When logged in through SSH after resume I saved output of dmesg (which
> includes full power management debug messages), see
> attachement "dmesg-resume". The system basically seems to be back but lot of
> things do not work such as loading/unloading e.g. my WLAN-driver (ipw3945),
> running "top" or "dstat" etc. "uptime" always returns 0 min, even with
> power management debug disabled.
>
> Kernel:
> Linux version 2.6.21-rc4 (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian
> 4.1.1-21)) #23 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 19 12:27:56 CET 2007

Can you please do

# echo test > /sys/power/disk
# echo disk > /sys/power/state

(the system should freeze tasks, suspend devices, disable nonboot CPUs,
wait for 5 seconds, enable nonboot CPUs, resume devices, thaw tasks and return
to your command prompt) and see if you can reproduce the problem?

Greetings,
Rafael

--
If you don't have the time to read,
you don't have the time or the tools to write.