Re: [ck] Re: RSDL v0.31

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 16:44:05 EST

Kasper Sandberg wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 08:38 +0100, Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 08:22 +0100, Radoslaw Szkodzinski wrote:

I'd recon KDE regresses because of kioslaves waiting on a pipe
(communication with the app they're doing IO for) and then expiring.
That's why splitting IO from an app isn't exactly smart. It should at
least be ran in an another thread.
Hm. Sounds rather a lot like the...
X sucks, fix X and RSDL will rock your world. RSDL is perfect.
...that I've been getting.

not really, only X sucks. KDE works atleast as good with rsdl as
vanilla. i dont know how originally said kde works worse, wasnt it just
someone that thought?

It was probably me, and I had the opinion that KDE is not as smooth as GNOME with RSDL. I haven't had time to measure, but using for daily stuff for about an hour each way hasn't changed my opinion. Every once in a while KDE will KLUNK to a halt for 200-300ms doing mundane stuff like redrawing a page, scrolling, etc. I don't see it with GNOME.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>