Re: [ck] Re: RSDL v0.31

From: jos poortvliet
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 12:06:56 EST

Op Sunday 18 March 2007, schreef Radoslaw Szkodzinski:
> On 3/18/07, Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hm. Sounds rather a lot like the...
> > X sucks, fix X and RSDL will rock your world. RSDL is perfect.
> > ...that I've been getting.
>
> Blah. Nothing's perfect. Especially not computer programs.
>
> Still, it's not a smart decision on KDE's part.
> It will break a lot of scheduling decisions, esp. you can't use IO
> priorities.

Well, if somebody could explain what they should do instead of what they're
doing, I can contact them - the libraries for KDE 4 aren't in feature freeze
yet (they will be, though) so they can solve the problem(s). The KIO
infrastructure is ATM under a redesign, so please, if you know what they
should do/are doing wrong, speak up!

grtz

Jos