Re: + remove-the-likelypid-check-in-copy_process.patch added to -mm tree

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 13:14:41 EST

On 03/17, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Oleg Nesterov <oleg@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> So far this is the only reason to have init_struct_pid. Because the
> >> boot CPU (swapper) forks, right?
> >
> > Damn. I am afraid I was not clear again :) Not init_struct_pid, but
> >
> > + .pids = { \
> > + [PIDTYPE_PID] = INIT_PID_LINK(PIDTYPE_PID), \
> > + [PIDTYPE_PGID] = INIT_PID_LINK(PIDTYPE_PGID), \
> > + [PIDTYPE_SID] = INIT_PID_LINK(PIDTYPE_SID), \
> > + }, \
> >
> > for INIT_TASK().

> >> Yes, yes, I see. But my (very unclear, sorry) question was: shouldn't we
> >> change INIT_SIGNALS then? /sbin/init inherits ->pgrp == ->_session == 1,
> >> in that case __set_special_pids(1,1) does nothing.
> >
> > ... and thus /sbin/init remains attached to the .pids above, no?
>
> The problem is that we dynamically allocate the struct pid for
> pid_t == 1 when we fork init.
>
> Which means we don't have access to it at compile time so we can
> no longer make INIT_SIGNALS set ->gprp == ->session == 1.

Yes! I meant we should change INIT_SIGNALS(), currently it does

#define INIT_SIGNALS(sig) {
.pgrp = 1,
{ .__session = 1},

and this confuses (I think) set_special_pids(1,1) above. Because
__set_special_pids() still deals with pid_t, not "struct pid".

Unless I missed something, we should kill these 2 initializations
above.

Oleg.