Re: Linux 2.6.20.3

From: Nish Aravamudan
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 18:52:01 EST

On 3/13/07, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Nish Aravamudan" <nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:58:24 -0700

> On 3/13/07, Nish Aravamudan <nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 3/13/07, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.20.3 kernel.
> > > It contains a number of bugfixes and all 2.6.20 users are recommended to
> > > upgrade.
> > >
> > > The diffstat and short summary of the fixes are below.
> > >
> > > I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
> > > 2.6.20.2 and 2.6.20.3.
> >
> > Compared to 2.6.20.1 (will try 2.6.20.2 as well), I now get:
>
> err, duh -- this is a Sun Ultra 60, debian testing install.

Figure out if 2.6.20.2 does it too, then please try to git bisect
it down further.

Yep, that's the plan, just wanted to make folks aware.

I took a quick look and the two sparc64 commits between 2.6.20.1
and 2.6.20.2 are benign, a fix for E450 interrupts and a kenvctrld
fix which is for a driver for hardware your ultra60 doesn't have. :)

There is a decent amount of raid and nfs fixes in here, do you
use either?

Neither.

Another commit that might be relevant is:

commit 530b09160744a12450fdacb2b78779c9830a29c8
Author: Aristeu Sergio Rozanski Filho <aristeu.sergio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Mar 1 19:02:55 2007 -0500

tty_io: fix race in master pty close/slave pty close path

Hmmm...

Please let us know if you can narrow it down further.

Building 2.6.20.2 right now, will let you know.

Thanks,
Nish