Re: Linux 2.6.20.3

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 18:21:17 EST

From: "Nish Aravamudan" <nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:58:24 -0700

> On 3/13/07, Nish Aravamudan <nish.aravamudan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 3/13/07, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.20.3 kernel.
> > > It contains a number of bugfixes and all 2.6.20 users are recommended to
> > > upgrade.
> > >
> > > The diffstat and short summary of the fixes are below.
> > >
> > > I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
> > > 2.6.20.2 and 2.6.20.3.
> >
> > Compared to 2.6.20.1 (will try 2.6.20.2 as well), I now get:
>
> err, duh -- this is a Sun Ultra 60, debian testing install.

Figure out if 2.6.20.2 does it too, then please try to git bisect
it down further.

I took a quick look and the two sparc64 commits between 2.6.20.1
and 2.6.20.2 are benign, a fix for E450 interrupts and a kenvctrld
fix which is for a driver for hardware your ultra60 doesn't have. :)

There is a decent amount of raid and nfs fixes in here, do you
use either?

Another commit that might be relevant is:

commit 530b09160744a12450fdacb2b78779c9830a29c8
Author: Aristeu Sergio Rozanski Filho <aristeu.sergio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Mar 1 19:02:55 2007 -0500

tty_io: fix race in master pty close/slave pty close path

Hmmm...

Please let us know if you can narrow it down further.