Re: Recent wireless breakage (ipw2200, iwconfig, NetworkManager)

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 08:00:49 EST

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 05:17:29PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> I should not have broken any userspace if CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED is
> enabled with that patch. If that is enabled, and that patch still
> causes problems, please let me know.

But we still need to update the help text for CONFIG_SYS_DEPRECATED to
make it clear that its deprecation schedule still needs to be 2009 to
2011 (depending on whether we want to accomodate Debian's glacial
release schedule). Certainly the 2006 date which is currently there
simply isn't accurate.

- Ted