Re: Fwd: Using serio_register_driver

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 11:35:00 EST

On 2/27/07, Fausto Carvalho <faustocarva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, i have a 8042 controller "connected" to the keyboard controller
that send information about battery and others to the keyboard
interrupt and io ports in the format of keystrokes. I want a way to
not alter atkbd but to create another driver that lives together with
atkbd. Is there a way?

Depending on how big and box-specific the code is we could either add
it to i8042
or you need to imaplement a pass-through serio port in your driver.
You would filter out "interesting" bytes and pass the rest to the new
serio port that your driver shoudl register. Tnen atkbd would bind to
that new port and function as usual. The only problem is that you
woudl need to bind you driver to the keyboard port from userspace (via
sysfs - /sys/bus/devices/serioX/drvctl)

--
Dmitry