Re: 2.6.21-rc1: CIFS cheers, NFS4 jeers

From: Florin Iucha
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 23:04:18 EST

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 09:36:23PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Florin Iucha wrote:
> >Hello, it's me and my 70 GB of photos again.
> >
> >I have tested both CIFS and NFSv4 clients in kernel 2.6.20-rc1 . CIFS
> >passed with flying colors and NFSv4 stalled after 7 GB.

> Neil has been diddling NFS, I did some light testing with 2.6.20-git14
> with 190GB of mp3 and mpg files (library of congress folk music) without
> hangs. Just "did it work" tests, copy 20-30GB to server, do md5 on the
> data pulled back from the server.
>
> Didn't hang, performance testing later.

2.6.20-rcX used to copy all files then hang on certain operations that
I think used the VFS. 2.6.21-rc1 stalls the NFS transfer itself after
several GB. The data was never corrupted.

Have you tried copying _ALL_ 190 GB to the server?

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163