Re: 2.6.20-rc1: CIFS cheers, NFS4 jeers

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 21:35:36 EST

Florin Iucha wrote:
Hello, it's me and my 70 GB of photos again.

I have tested both CIFS and NFSv4 clients in kernel 2.6.20-rc1 . CIFS
passed with flying colors and NFSv4 stalled after 7 GB.

Configuration:

Server: PIII/1GHz, 512 MB RAM, Debian testing,
distro kernel 2.6.18-3-vserver-686, Intel E1000 NIC, filesystem 170 GB ext3 with default mkfs values on a SATA disk
Client: AMD x2 4200+, 2 GB RAM, Debian testing/unstable
kernel 2.6.20-rc1, Marvell SKGE onboard,
filesystem 120 GB ext3 with default mkfs values on a SATA disk

Neil has been diddling NFS, I did some light testing with 2.6.20-git14 with 190GB of mp3 and mpg files (library of congress folk music) without hangs. Just "did it work" tests, copy 20-30GB to server, do md5 on the data pulled back from the server.

Didn't hang, performance testing later.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>