Re: sparc64 / bbc_i2c.c

From: David Miller
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 00:29:35 EST

From: Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Friedrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:22:39 +0100

> Can you just tell me if it's sufficient to check for a return value >0
> of wait_event_interruptible_timeout? I was not sure so I extended the
> check to
> if ((val != -ERESTARTSYS) && (val > 0))

I changed the check to just "val > 0".

The comments in the kernel around the implementation and
declaration of the function wait_event_interruptible()
VERY CLEARLY state that the possible return values are:

1) Negative error code on interrupt
2) Zero if timeout expired
3) Positive non-zero value if condition became true before
timeout expired

So there is no doubt that "val > 0" is sufficient.