Re: [take32 0/10] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 06:57:25 EST

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:11:26AM -0500, Jeff Garzik (jeff@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Once the rate of change slows, Andrew should IMO definitely pick this up.

There are _tons_ of ideas to implement with kevent - so if we want, rate
will not slow down. As you can see, from take26 I only send new
features: signals, posix timers, AIO, userspace notifications, various
flags and the like. I test it on my machines (recently one them died, so
only amd64 right now (running kernel) and i386 compile-only)
and some bug-fixes withoout any additioanl feature requests (almost,
Ingo asked for AIO before New Year), but broader testing is welcome
indeed.

If the rate doesn't slow (if only artificially), people are discouraged from reviewing, because it becomes a moving target.

If you wanted to make this process automatic, create a git branch that Andrew and others can pull.

Exported git tree would be good, but I do not have enough disk space on

Request an account on http://www.foo-projects.org/ which supports git. The Intel guys use it to send me e1000/ixgb changes, for example.

web-site, and do you really want to read comments written in bad english
with russian transliterated indecent words?

The only thing exported to -mm is the code changes, as a patch. git merely automates the process, so that Andrew doesn't have to spend time [that he doesn't have] tracking a project with a high rate of change.

I like the direction so far, and think it should be in -mm for wider testing and review.

It was there, but Andrew dropped it somewhere about take25 :)

Probably because it was a moving target with a high rate of change, requiring time that Andrew did not have just to keep in sync and fix build conflicts with other -mm patches.

Jeff