Re: KVM ... bypass BIOS check for VT?

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 15:59:26 EST

Jeff Chua wrote:
I'm resending this under KVM as a subject and hope to get response.

kvm: disabled by bios

I know this has been asked before and the answer was no. Does it still
stand or is there a way to bypass the bios? I'm using Lenovo X60s and
there's no option to enable VT in the BIOS setup.

There are two MSR bits involved in enabling VT. The first bit enables/disables VT. The second bit prevents the first bit from being changed until the next power up.

If the BIOS is setting the second bit while disabling the first bit, there's nothing that can be done to work around it.

Sorry. Contact Lenovo and ask for a BIOS update.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

/proc/cpuinfo shows "VMX".

Another question ... how to enable "mouse" in KVM?

Thanks,
Jeff.