Re: [2.6.18-rc2-mm1] libata ate one PATA channel

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 14:18:04 EST

Ar Maw, 2006-08-01 am 01:50 +0900, ysgrifennodd Tejun Heo:
> Didn't realize pata stuff relies on it.

Lots of people have two drives, one junk on a cable so they get upset
and all send me bug reports, lots and lots of them. The oher section of
the problem is the Simplex mode part of that patch is depended upon by
some of the drivers and if you don't do simplex right on some older
controllers it *is* a corruptor so I care a lot about doing it right.